Best Bites: Beautiful French macarons
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
You don't need to fly to Paris for a romantic dessert this Valentine's Day. Celebrate the holiday with these gorgeous and colorful homemade French macarons! Bright and light meringue cookies are mixed with a delightful almond mixture and filled with jam and other fillings. It's so simple to make!
See the full recipe below!
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Food coloring
- Jam, icing or other filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almonds in a food processor until fine.
- Add in confectioners' sugar and process for 1 minute.
- Pour into a separate bowl and sift mixture.
- Whisk egg whites.
- Gradually add granulated sugar, increasing speed as you go.
- Add in food coloring.
- Mix in 30 seconds on high.
- Pour in sifted mixture.
- Mix, mix, mix with a spatula!
- Fold batter over.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe batter.
- In quarter-sized drops, place batter on baking sheet.
- Bake until risen.
- Spread filling on each half.
- Combine halves together.