Best Bites: Bacon, egg and cheese monkey bread
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Step up your brunch game with savory and cheesy monkey bread. Made with the ultimate breakfast ingredients, like bacon, egg and cheese, this colorful and filling dish will be devoured in a second. You might want to make two for backup!
See the full recipe below!
- 6 eggs
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayo
- 1/4 tsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in pan.
- Scramble eggs.
- Cut biscuit rounds into 6 pieces.
- Chop bacon.
- In a bowl, mix bacon, eggs and biscuit dough.
- Add in cheese and chives.
- Add in 4 tbsp melted butter.
- Mix, mix, mix (gently)!
- Spoon into greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine sour cream and mayo.
- Add in mustard and a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Mix on low heat.
- Remove cake from pan and place on plate.
- Drizzle sauce from pan.
- Dig in!