Best Bites: Fried mac n' cheese balls
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Just when you thought macaroni and cheese couldn't get any better, we're taking the ultimate comfort food to the next level. Fried mac n' cheese balls are the perfect appetizer for a dinner with friends or weekend tailgate. Made with crispy Panko and creamy macaroni, you won't be able to put these down!
See the full recipe below.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cups of cream
- 1 cup of macaroni and cheese (already made)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko
- In a pot, melt butter.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir, stir, stir!
- Slowly pour in cream.
- Add a dash of salt and macaroni mixture.
- Mix and refrigerate.
- Ball mixture into 1 1/2 '' ball.
- Coat in flour, egg and Panko.
- Fry in oil.
- Brown evenly until golden.
- Remove and drain.