NBC News still isn't sure about what Megyn Kelly's upcoming gig at the news network will look like.
In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, NBC News president Noah Oppenheim shed light on why NBC appealed to Kelly and what her future looks like at the Peacock Network.
"There is no contemplation of her having a regular role on the 7-9 [hours of the "Today" show]," Oppenheim told THR. "She'll appear on all the broadcasts of NBC News occasionally. If she gets a big interview, she's going to present pieces [on different broadcasts]."
The article also reported that Oppenheim isn't sure whether the program will air at 9 or 10 a.m.
Kelly's highly-anticipated morning show will premiere in September on NBC, which was news that caught many people off-guard -- especially some of those at "Today." Tamron Hall famously decided to leave the network when she heard that Kelly's show would replace her and Al Roker's "Today's Take," which is something that Oppenheim doesn't "necessarily accept."
See photos of Megyn Kelly:
"I don't necessarily accept the premise of the preamble," Oppenheim said of rumors that Hall was angry with the decision. "But I will also say that I very much hoped that Tamron would remain with NBC News. We made her an offer that I think reflected our strong desire that she be part of our family moving forward, that would have given her a very prominent and substantive role here at the network. We were obviously disappointed that she chose to pursue her future elsewhere, and we wish her only the best."
As for how he sees Kelly connecting to NBC's loyal morning audience, Oppenheim remained dedicated to his opinion that her background in hard news is something that will surprisingly work for her -- morning news viewers aren't only interested in puff pieces.
"She is tough and fair, [and] there's a place for that," he explained. "We're not giving enough credit to the morning audience to think that they don't want those things. Her background is as an attorney, she's a mom of three, and she has had a lot of experiences that will be relatable to a huge cross section of the audience in the morning."
Her background will also serve her well when it comes to her upcoming Sunday night news program, as well, which will become NBC's answer to CBS' Sunday night stalwart "60 Minutes." The show will premiere in June.
See photos of Tamron Hall:
"'60 Minutes' is an institution," he said. "No one here thinks we're going to supplant it, certainly not out of the gate. That said, it's a mistake to assume anyone has a stranglehold on anything long term."
As for the bidding war for Kelly last year, in which CNN and FOX News were rumored to be major players, Oppenheim explained that NBC was able to snag the bankable personality by gaining a clear understanding of where she wanted to take her career and subsequently offering her what she wanted.
"It wasn't so much a pitch as a conversation," Oppenheim said of the negotiations. "We talked to her about her vision for the next phase of her career and how we might partner with her."
Megyn Kelly left FOX News last year amid growing controversy surrounding the cable news channel's treatment of women, particularly by ousted CEO Roger Ailes. Her contract with FOX News officially expired earlier this year.
RELATED: Here are the women who have left FOX News:
More from AOL.com:
Gretchen Carlson reveals her daughter was bullied after her FOX News sexual harassment lawsuit
Chrissy Teigen fights her way through a storm in a gown and still looks totally glam -- see the proof
FOX News host goes on 'vacation' after backlash over Ivanka Trump remark