Vietnamese teenager dies after being electrocuted by iPhone cable in her sleep

A 14-year-old girl reportedly died after being electrocuted while charging her iPhone 6.

According to the Independent, Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious by her parents with her phone lying beside her in their home in the Vietnamese region of Ha Tinh.

The teenager is believed to have rolled over her phone charging cable, which police described as frayed and "broken down," and was exposed to the live wire.

Le Thi Xoan (Facebook)

Local police Chief Tran Anh Son said the girl's parents rushed her to a nearby hospital immediately after discovering her unconscious. Medics were unable to revive the teenager and pronounced her dead shortly after.

Doctors were also able to confirm her cause of death was by electrocution.

Authorities are inspecting the charging cable to determine whether or not the device was made by Apple or a third-party. 

SEE ALSO: Texas teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath

The incident arrives months after another teenager in Texas died after being electrocuted in a bathtub while charging her cell phone.

Relatives said the 14-year-old girl was either plugging in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbed the phone as it was charging before it fell into the bathtub.

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.