After being one of President Donald Trump's most prominent unofficial spokespeople on television in recent months and weeks, Kellyanne Conway has been conspicuously absent from television -- and we may now know why.
According to a new report from CNN, a network Trump has repeatedly labeled as "fake news" in recent weeks, Trump administration officials told Conway to stop appearing on television after a series of comments that spurred questions about her credibility.
The White House denied the veracity of the claim.
"This is another wild goose chase," White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders said. "Kellyanne has a number of media appearances this week and also has a large portfolio at the WH and is spending significant time focusing on it."
The White House adviser landed herself in hot water after she openly encouraged Americans to "go buy Ivanka's stuff" after some stores refused to sell the first daughter's products, raising significant questions about potential ethics violations.
White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer reported that Conway was "counseled" after the incident.
Conway made one of her most recent high-profile appearances on television last week, shortly after former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn was asked to resign by President Trump, according to White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer. Conway claimed in an interview that Flynn had offered to resign, contradicting Spicer.
White House sources reportedly told CNN that the misstep led the president and other White House officials to temporarily sideline Conway, claiming she was "off message," and distracting from the White House's message.
Whether or not she was actively sidelined, Conway will soon be back on television. Shortly after the CNN story was published, Conway said she would be appearing on FOX News on Wednesday evening.