Pakistan's antiquated ways are having a negative effect on their people, namely women. Women are regularly attacked and raped, many times for "dishonoring" their husbands or families.
This past year the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan recorded 423 rapes and 304 gang rapes, among the almost daily "honor killings."
SEE ALSO: Drink type may hurt brains as much as stress, abuse
Sidra Kamwal was horribly disfigured after she was attacked with acid for turning down a man. Another woman, Kainaat Soomro, was brutally raped and imprisoned for days. Years later she still battles for justice.
Take a look at the harrowing photos above to read more about these women.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Easy and healthy soup recipes that are warming up TikTok
- Only have $100? Grab these boots that are perfect for fall
- Enjoy some sweet nostalgia with these homemade cereal recipes
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!