BY: GIBSON JOHNS
The minute the lights dimmed and the music started glaring at Spring Studio in TriBeCa, fashion's elite knew they were in for a treat during Jason Wu's Fall/Winter 2016 show.
SEE ALSO: 13 bloggers to follow for fashion week
The 33-year-old designer, who is perhaps best known for dressing first lady Michelle Obama, provided a little bit of everything on Friday, combining fur and plaid and pops of color with fun takes on the classic women's suit.
Dresses and suit jackets were given a twist of the unexpected with fur collars and ostrich feather detailing, while oversized coats were amped up with large-scale plaids and, in one particularly striking instance, a deep Coquelicot color.
The collection's most memorable and well-received look may have been a tan strapless dress -- worn by model Lineisy Montero Feliz -- with slips of the side, whose ostrich feathers swayed playfully down the celebrity-lined runway. It was certainly Eva Chen's favorite.
The show's front row including the dynamo trio of Jennifer Hudson, Diane Kruger and Jaime King.
More New York Fashion Week coverage from AOL.com:
AOLxNYFW: Kate Spade takes autumn romance all the way
AOLxNYFW: BCBGMaxazria plays it cool in color and design
Unafraid femininity: Ulla Johnson's Fall 2016 collection
Products We Love
The Latest from our Partners
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- DSW is offering up to 40 percent off on dozens of sneakers, with deals…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program