This week's news headlines were dominated by the ongoing worldwide Zika virus epidemic, as well as the amping up of the 2016 United States presidential candidates' campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire. We also saw severe weather in California and Arizona, rare Nacreous clouds in England, and former Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli appearing in court.
Click through the slideshow above to see scenes from all of these stories and more, and be sure to check back next weekend for our selection of the best photography from the next seven days.
More on AOL.com:
In garbage crisis, Lebanon chokes on bad air and bad politics
Some 200 protest San Francisco's Super Bowl homelessness response
For Russia's Arctic troops, four legs are better than two
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Indulge your inner Francophile with these yummy galette recipes
- 5 warm and toasty drinks for a cozy cocktail hour
- More than 11,000 Amazon shoppers have given this stylish sweater a 5-s…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!