A German meals-on-wheels program is apologizing after a few of its elderly patrons were accidentally served high-end dog food.
Charity workers mistakenly read the label of a high-end dog food brand and fed it to some senior citizens, thinking it was for humans. The label on the glass jar described the contents as "venison and potatoes with garden vegetables."
Apparently, on the lid,in teeny, tiny letters, were also the words "gourmet food for animals."
One of the seniors definitely ate the meal but another was a little sketched out by what he saw...or smelled. He started to heat up the dish but decided not to eat it because the stench was so bad. The head of the charity apologized and says it will make sure his workers check the groceries a little more carefully in the future.
More from AOL.com:
10 really strange psychological disorders
10k race will serve wine instead of water
This is why it's so hard to get rid of UTIs
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- 18 ways to embrace Barbiecore mania — for under $300
- Speech therapist is going viral for teaching little ones how to say no
- Pickles are having a moment, and pickle lovers will relish these recip…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!