A German meals-on-wheels program is apologizing after a few of its elderly patrons were accidentally served high-end dog food.
Charity workers mistakenly read the label of a high-end dog food brand and fed it to some senior citizens, thinking it was for humans. The label on the glass jar described the contents as "venison and potatoes with garden vegetables."
Apparently, on the lid,in teeny, tiny letters, were also the words "gourmet food for animals."
One of the seniors definitely ate the meal but another was a little sketched out by what he saw...or smelled. He started to heat up the dish but decided not to eat it because the stench was so bad. The head of the charity apologized and says it will make sure his workers check the groceries a little more carefully in the future.
More from AOL.com:
10 really strange psychological disorders
10k race will serve wine instead of water
This is why it's so hard to get rid of UTIs
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep t…
- It’s easier than it looks to make yourself this fancy affogato dessert
- This tiny device keeps mosquitoes away all summer, and it’s on sale fo…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!