The headlines this past week were consistently dominated by news out of Paris after last Friday's horrific terrorist attacks that killed over 100 people and wounded hundreds more. The world lit up its monuments blue, white and red in support of France as police in the capital continued to hunt for answers and the remaining perpetrators.
This week we also saw the first same-sex marriage ceremony held in Ireland, protests as racial tensions rose in Minneapolis, and scenes from the ongoing migrant crisis out of Syria.
Click through the slideshow above for the best photos from all of these stories and more, and be sure to check back next weekend for our selection of the best photography from the coming seven days.
More photo stories on AOL.com:
After attacks, many Parisians embrace food, wine and friends
Using sight and sound to trigger dementia patients' memories
Surrogates feel hurt by India's ban on foreign customers
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- These bike shorts are so comfortable, I want to wear them every sin…
- The Ostrich Chair may seem a little ridiculous, but TikTok is obsessed…
- 6 Nike sneakers to add to your closet for $100 or less
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!