Top 5 On the Go: Wednesday, October 28
It's the evening of Wednesday, October 28 and these are the top stories you need to know right now on AOL.com.
1. Republicans square off in third debate
The presidential candidates faced off in their third GOP debate tonight with Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio possibly outshining the party's front-runners.
2. Boehner voices few regrets, no second thoughts on way out
Speaker John Boehner, who has served on Capitol Hill for nearly a quarter-century, defended a budget deal that he pushed through the House as his final act in Congress.
3. Chicago council passes Emanuel budget with property tax hike
Chicago passed a new budget today that includes a massive $543 million tax hike in an effort to close some gaps in its finances.
4. Sheriff fires deputy for tossing student across classroom
A South Carolina sheriff said the police officer who was caught on video throwing a student onto the floor was fired today.
5. Study: Mammograms haven't cut rate of advanced breast cancer
A new report released today suggests mammograms have not prevented the most dangerous forms of breast cancer from spreading.
To dive deeper into these stories click on the headlines in this article page. Check back every weekday at 9pmET to hear audio versions of the top stories on AOL.com.
See photos from the top stories below: