Satisfy your sweet tooth with mouth-watering salted chocolate caramel shortbread
Salted chocolate caramel shortbread may sound like a mouth-full, but the thing to keep in mind is that it's also mouth-wateringly delicious! If you love shortbread in general, trust us when we say, you're sure to absolutely adore this recipe.
After all, it's the perfect mixture of all of our favorite things -- salty, chocolatey and caramelly. How can you go wrong?
SEE ALSO: Share a little joy with your loved ones with this apple cider funnel cake recipe
While the holiday season begins creeping up on you, keep this recipe in mind for any festive get-together. Here's how you can make it.
- Mix 3/4 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/3 cup flour in a bowl, blending until soft
- Place in baking pan and press down, spreading crumbly mixture throughout bottom of pan
- Bake 20 mins on 175 degrees c/350 degrees f
- In stove-top pan, mix 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 sweetened condensed milk and 2 tbsp syrup until gooey
- Take shortbread out of oven and spread caramel mixture on top
- Microwave 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate and 1 tbsp butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds
- Spread chocolate mixture on top of shortbread/caramel treat the let cool until it hardens
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and serve!
BuzzFeedTasty / Via Facebook: buzzfeedtasty
Click through below for more fall favorites we adore this season:
More on AOL.com:
This 3-ingredient slow cooker apple spice cake is the perfect gooey fall dessert
Fall season won't be complete until you've tried this personal pear pies recipe
Easily upgrade your Oreos with this fabulous cookie hack