Don't throw out that old sweater just yet: 10 genius hacks for repairing ruined clothes
When you love your clothes as much as we do, you want them to last for a good amount of time. So, whether you spent a fortune on a new sweater and accidentally snagged a string or you spilled soda on your "lucky scarf," you can't help feeling depressed when something so valuable to you gets ruined.
Often, it feels as though theres absolutely nothing you can do in cases like these to mend your broken heart and fix your messed up clothes. But today, we've got a few quick fixes for you that just may change the game. We're not going to lie, repairing ruined clothes isn't always easy, but with a little elbow grease and a few tricks of the trade, you'll be re-wearing your favorite item in no time!
SEE MORE: 6 simple kitchen hacks you should try
Take a look below at 10 genius hacks from the beauty guru's at Marie Claire for getting your ruined clothes back to normal. You won't regret trying them.
1. Stop your sweaters from shedding by sticking them in the freezer overnight.
2. Toss your jeans in a plastic bag and place in the freezer at night to remove bad odors.
3. Erase armpit stains with a mixture of lemon juice and water.
4. Remove deodorant marks with the foam cover of a dry clean hanger. Rub the spot with a pair of light-wash jeans.
5. Spray a little vodka on clothes to eliminate bad odors.
6. Fix foundation stains with shaving cream. Wipe a little shaving cream on the spot to pretreat before washing.
7. Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain. Spray fabric with hairspray, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, dab the stain and then toss in the washer.
8. If the arm of your sunglasses is loose and you don't have a screwdriver, paint clear polish over the hinge to tighten it.
9. Paint clear polish over a loose button thread to stop it from unraveling.
10. Clean dirt off suede with a nail file by buffing!
Click through below cleaning hacks made for the lazy person in all of us:
More on AOL.com:
10 beyond tasty burger hacks for meat lovers everywhere
These unusual tricks for heating pizza lunchables will make these easy meals even easier
These life hacks for using honey in your beauty routine are everything