Top 5 On the Go: Monday October 12
1. Evidence mounts for El Nino that could ease Calif. drought
Scientists say El Nino will finally bring a much needed wet winter to California, but it may also wreak havoc and bring chaotic storms, floods and mudslides.
2. Students return to Oregon community college after shooting
Hundreds of people held heartwarming signs as students returned today to the Oregon community college where a gunman killed nine people last week.
3. U.S. airdrops ammunition to Syria rebels
A military official said U.S. forces airdropped ammunition and other supplies to rebels this week as part of a revamped strategy to fight ISIS in Syria.
4. Washington Post says Iran's conviction of its reporter is 'contemptible'
The Washington Post criticized Iran today after the country convicted one of its reporters of espionage, calling it an "outrageous injustice."
5. Coolest air mass of the season possible this weekend; snow in the interior northeast?
A shift in weather patterns across the U.S. may bring a series of cold fronts to parts of the Midwest and East this weekend, with some areas even getting their first snowfall.
To dive deeper into these stories click on the headlines in this article page. Check back every weekday to hear audio versions of the top stories on AOL.com.