When a Michigan driver stopped at a gas station earlier this week, he spotted a spider on his gas tank. In a quick attempt to get rid of the spider, the man burned it with his cigarette lighter which caused his entire car to catch on fire.
Surveillance video from the Mobil gas station in Center Line shows first the gas pump, then the car becoming engulfed by flames as soon as the man strikes the lighter. Fortunately, nobody was hurt in the incident.
— HuffPost (@HuffPost) September 27, 2015
The driver put out the flames with a fire extinguisher. In an attempt to explain his actions, he told authorities that he's deathly afraid of spiders and therefore pulled his lighter out somewhat thoughtlessly in his moment of panic. Employee Susan Adams told Fox 2:
"He didn't have a cigarette. He didn't have anything on him. All of a sudden I look out and I see flames."
Next time this man attempts to get rid of a spider, we suggest a simple shoe drop.
More from AOL.com:
13-year-old girl dies from bacterial infection linked to tampons after doctors misdiagnose her
Little girl just wants parents to get along in adorable viral video
92-year-old man sings sweet love song to dying wife