2. Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion all over hair, focusing on the roots.
3. Use fingers to create a short center part.
4. Using a round brush, blow dry the hair smooth, lifting the hair at the crown to create a bit of volume.
5. Gather hair into a low, loose ponytail and secure with an elastic.
6. Pull little bits of hair out of the hairline to create a soft, drooped shape around the face.
7. Finish by loosely tying a ribbon around the elastic.
Spring/Summer 2016 Oscar de la Renta
Jason Wu models rocked the slicked-back bun with the still-wet look.
Spring/Summer 2016 Jason Wu
Discover More Like This
BACK TO SLIDE
Hairstyles at New York Fashion Week this fall kept it relatively simple, sticking to up-dos like the classic messy bun and the low ponytail, and many shows featured low-key hairstyles worn down and straight. Braids were a staple this season, incorporated into both up-dos and worn as traditional side braids, as they were in the Mara Hoffman Willie Nelson-themed runway show.
Lela Rose models rocked intricate yet messy up-dos, creating a sophisticated and carefree aesthetic, while Tory Burch models were given 1950s-like beehives, which paired beautifully with Tory Burch's spring line.
Click through the slideshow above to see our favorite hairstyles from NYFW!
For more fashion week content straight off the runway, click here.