Baby hospitalized with BAC of .294 after ingesting vodka

A 1-month-old baby was rushed to intensive care after her mother accidentally used vodka to mix the baby's formula. The baby had a blood alcohol level of 0.294 percent.

The 20-year-old Kenosha, Wisconsin mother told officers that she had filled a water bottle with water on Monday evening and left it in the kitchen. The baby's father then emptied the water bottle and filled it with vodka, not knowing that the mother planned to use the water to mix the baby's formula. The mother then used the vodka, which she thought was water, to mix her baby's formula.

The mother realized that something was wrong when she was pushing her baby girl in a stroller. She noticed that the baby's hands and toes were red, her eyes were partially closed, and her legs appeared to be shaking.

On Wednesday, the baby was taken to the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. The child was sent to the ICU and her condition is currently unknown.

The girl's father was reportedly arrested after the child's ingestion of vodka caused an intense argument. There are currently no details regarding the father's charges.

Watch this video to learn more about the dangers of alcohol consumption for babies:

Baby Hospitalized With Blood-Alcohol Content Three Times Over Legal Limit

More from
Mom drops 2 kids off at fire station, says she 'doesn't want them anymore'
Man severely injured after e-cigarette explodes in his mouth
Wife stays with husband despite his unsavory criminal act

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.