10 times J.K. Rowling made the world a better and more magical place
July 31 marks a very special occasion for "Harry Potter" creator J.K. Rowling. The author responsible for fueling our imaginations and providing us with an open-minded, creative, and loving community via her magical novels turns 50.
We don't love Rowling just because she created a world outside of reality to which our minds can escape. We celebrate Rowling because through her magical plots and defiant characters, she taught us how to make our world, sans wands and potions, a better place.
Even after we've turned the last page of the final novel in the "Harry Potter" series, Rowling continues to utilize her creativity and knack for the written word to influence us in the best way possible. Through social media, she repeatedly restores our faith in humanity and inspires our imaginations. Here are 10 times when JK Rowling made the Twitter community, and the world in general, a safe, loving, empowering, and creative place.
1. When she made all Potterheads, or "Harry Potter" fans, feel special and important. We are all the best and we should start believing it as much as Rowling does.
2. When she explained to confused fans that homosexual people do indeed look like all other people. When a fan claimed that Dumbledore doesn't "look gay," Rowling explained that anyone, including the headmaster of Hogwarts, has the right to be gay and still appear and act in any way they please. There is no such thing as "looking gay."
3. When she explained that nobody, not even the author of some of the most widely favored novels in the world, lacks haters. Even Harry Potter had haters. People are cruel and we can't be liked by everyone. All we can do is own who we are and love ourselves.
4. When she taught us that the worlds inside our heads don't need to resemble the world we physically exist in. Sometimes we gain confidence through the person we become in our imaginations.
5. When she proved that you can be an inspiring and creative role model without being cool. Being cool isn't a legitimate life goal.
6. When she taught us that we can do anything we put our minds to...even if our dreams aren't too conventional. There's no limit to our capabilities and opportunities.
7. When the fictional world she created inspired us to better the real one. Like Hogwarts, our world should be a place where people can freely be who they are. Through Hogwarts, Rowling showed us the beauty of diversity.
8. When she made school a more exciting place. Greater knowledge allows for greater power and creativity.
9. When she slammed a Twitter user who body-shamed Serena Williams. Women can be strong, powerful, and athletic. Rowling assured us that Williams is indeed a beautiful woman, as are all other women despite the social media haters.
10. When helped a fan who wanted to "finally give up" by showing how many wonderful, inspiring things we would miss out on by giving up on life.
The inspiring author has planned a party to celebrate her successful 50 years. She told U.S. Breakfast Show:
"My mother died at 45... You've got to celebrate every year that you are here and in good health because what's the alternative? What's the alternative to ageing? It's checking out and I'd rather still be here. I still have children to raise, I still have books to write. So genuinely I will have a party with my friends, we'll have a great time. I'm looking forward to it."
We hope you have an amazing birthday, JK Rowling! You deserve it. Love, your loyal Potterheads.
Click through this slideshow to see photos of the world's favorite creative writer over the years:
More from AOL.com:
J.K. Rowling reveals how much tuition costs at Hogwarts
Harry Potter is back in new J.K. Rowling story
Harry Potter coming back, this time on stage in new play