The manager of a Denny's in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota is finding himself in hot water after writing 'Add $15 For Life Alert Button' on a receipt.
It was given to an elderly patron who choked during her meal.
When the woman's daughter learned of the incident, she took to social media to express her outrage.
In her message, she noted that her mother had recently undergone a number of surgeries on her esophagus and has great difficulty eating.
The owner of the restaurant said that the individual responsible will be written up and re-trained, but that the message hadn't been intended for the patron.
It was allegedly meant to be a note to the 60-year-old waitress. According to the proprietor, she'd been running around so much the manager was concerned she may hurt herself.
While the woman's daughter remains unconvinced of the reason given, she has accepted the owner's apology.
More from AOL.com:
U.S. experiencing a record-breaking hurricane 'drought'
Bill Cosby addresses allegations: 'I've never seen anything like this'
Optical illusion can tell if you need glasses
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!