A Spanish news source, El Siglo de Torreón, is reporting that a man named Arturo Gonzáles, posted a naked photo of his 9-year-old daughter on Facebook, offering her as a sex slave.
The post, which has since been deleted, read "Hello, good day. I am selling my daughter as a sexual slave, she does anal, oral and she knows how to move it." He then also shared his telephone number to reach him through WhatsApp.
The Facebook status went viral due to its graphic nature. What's even more disturbing is that many perverts were reacting positively to the post. Thankfully, a greater majority of people expressed their disgust and condemned Gonzáles.
Whether this story is true or not, it sheds light on the very real issue of sex trafficking.
Human trafficking is second only to drugs in Mexico.
If you or anyone know about a situation where a person is being deprived of their freedom and forced into slavery, please contact the National Human Trafficking Resource Center at (888) 373-7888. Help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English, Spanish and over 200 more languages. For more information visit traffickingresourcecenter.org.
More from AOL.com:
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Spoil your Valentine with sweets from Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Upgrade your top drawer with Free People’s pretty — and affordable! — …
- Here’s how to send the ‘love fern’ from ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance