Students at Indiana University Bloomington have successfully petitioned for preferred naming system for their ID cards. These ID cards are an everyday necessity to buy books, food, and take exams.
The transgender advocacy group is pushed for the preferred name systems to reduce stress and anxiety surrounding their identity. These changes hope to make students feel more comfortable at school expressing their identity.
More on AOL:
Police killings in U.S. Cities Going Unreported to FBI
Sam Smith on coming out at age four
Where does slavery still exist in 2014?
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- ‘Smartest baby’ knows all her animal sounds at just 9 months old: ‘…
- Wife hasn’t spoken to husband in a week, so he ‘makes her talk’ with h…
- Amazon shoppers say this gadget is a game-changer for deep-cleaning ti…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!