Ever think about how easy it would be to just live inside of an IKEA? A Chinese boy found out first hand.
According to Shanghai Daily, 12-year-old Peng Yijian ran away from home on November 3rd after getting in trouble for not doing his math homework. He was found six days later inside a nearby IKEA. The speculation is that he slept on showroom mattresses at night, and survived on free food samples handed out in supermarkets during the day.
The middle school student was found hungry, in a very weak condition, and was rushed to a hospital where he was put on an intravenous drip. His mother told reporters her son had run away from home before, but never for such a long duration of time.
If the boy really did manage to survive all that time in an IKEA, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise. Comedian and filmmaker Mark Malkoff partnered with the Sweden-based furniture store and also lived inside an IKEA for six days. He documented his experience his blog MarkLivesInIKEA.com.
On a lighter note, checking out people taking a nap in IKEA:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!