BuzzFeed collected McDonald's cups from different countries to see just how they compared -- and (un)surprisingly, cups in the USA were the biggest by far.
In America, a small drink is 16 oz., a medium is 21 oz., and a large is 30 oz. Singapore and Canada just about measure up, while cups in Hong Kong, Australia, India -- and basically every other country that has the yellow arches -- are slightly smaller.
So just how much more super-sized are our beverages? Well, a large cup in America is 1.5 times bigger than a large in Japan. And this is the kicker: a medium in America is still bigger than a large in Japan.
... Getting thirsty?
Take a peek at how cups across the world stack up:
The Latest from our Partners
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious