BuzzFeed collected McDonald's cups from different countries to see just how they compared -- and (un)surprisingly, cups in the USA were the biggest by far.
In America, a small drink is 16 oz., a medium is 21 oz., and a large is 30 oz. Singapore and Canada just about measure up, while cups in Hong Kong, Australia, India -- and basically every other country that has the yellow arches -- are slightly smaller.
So just how much more super-sized are our beverages? Well, a large cup in America is 1.5 times bigger than a large in Japan. And this is the kicker: a medium in America is still bigger than a large in Japan.
... Getting thirsty?
Take a peek at how cups across the world stack up:
The Latest from our Partners
- Mom threatens to scream in the middle of Target over pile of boys’ …
- Amazon sells real diamond earrings — studs start at just $60
- ‘Unprofessional’ ultrasound tech makes mom-to-be physically ill after …
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate at four-week low
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious