By RYAN GORMAN
A partial solar eclipse will take place Thursday across the U.S.
The partial eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and the Earth but does not completely obscure the view of the sun. It visually appears to take a bite out of the sun.
Thursday's partial solar eclipse will be highly visible to the western half of the country, as early as 2:00 p.m. in some places.
The northeast will miss out on the rare event because of a Nor-Easter currently drenching the region, but would likely not have seen much of the eclipse due to its timing, according to Accuweather.
The moon is set to pass in front of the sun right at sunset for much of the highly-populated region.
The further west you live, however, the more likelihood there is of seeing the moon pass partially in front of the sun.
People in California will begin to see the eclipse around 2:00 p.m., with those further east seeing it incrementally later in the day.
That leaves only a favorable weather forecast standing in the way of seeing the solar eclipse.
Heavy clouds over the Northeast and southern Florida rule out people living in those regions. So does cloud cover in northern Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula, forecasters said.
Skies are partly cloudy to clear in most of the South, Southwest and the northern Plains.
But northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho and western Montana will be staring at gray skies.
Readers in those areas able to see the eclipse should remember not to stare at the sun because it is bad for the eyes.
Those not able to see this partial eclipse should fret not, a total eclipse on August 21, 2017 will be visible across the entire country.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!