Ancient Egypt's most famous Pharaoh wasn't as attractive as his reputation made him out to be.
A BBC documentary detailed new findings by researchers who performed a "virtual autopsy" on King Tut using more than 2,000 computer scans and genetic analysis of his family - which suggests his parents were also brother and sister.
This is what they came up with. Wide hips, buck teeth and a limp.
He doesn't exactly live up to the king's glamorous burial mask. The autopsy suggests the limp was due to a clubfoot, which is a condition that causes a persons foot to turn inward at a severe angle. The 130 walking canes found in his tomb support that claim.
The autopsy also disproves myths that say Tut was murdered or died in a chariot crash.
For one, his physical deformity made it impossible to race in chariots... and the incest between his parent might have contributed to a premature death because of an inherited illness.
DNA analysis from 2010 also suggests he died from an infected wound after breaking his leg. Whatever the cause of death he certainly looked better than he does now.
More on AOL.com
10 of the most haunted hotels in America
Your birth season might determine your temperament and moodiness
Tornadoes are hitting in clusters more often
Researchers say that Viagra could soon be used for heart disease patients
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- These arts and crafts supplies can keep your kids entertained for h…
- Make your apartment feel like home with these best-selling candles
- More than 24,000 Amazon shoppers swear by this 3-in-1 steam-cleaning m…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance