The FBI is investigating after a U.S. marshal was unexpectedly injected with a syringe at a Nigerian airport.
KPRC reports a group of federal agents in civilian clothing were walking through Lagos airport Sunday when another group of men approached them and then stabbed one of the agents before running away.
An FBI spokesperson says the air marshal was able to remove the syringe, store it in ice and board his flight to Houston, Texas.
Upon landing in Houston, he was taken to a hospital where he was tested for Ebola, HIV and other diseases which will take time to get results.
The FBI is also testing the syringe - security experts say what ever was in it could be key into trying to figure out why this happened.
Law enforcement officials told reporters they're concerned this attack could potentially be linked to terrorists and are on high alert as the 13th anniversary of 9/11 draws near.
"Was it something intended to just harm that person who they certainly thought was American and may or may not have known he was a U.S. marshal? Or was it something that is contagious that they then hope to spread to the United States?"
Also on AOL:
US clamping down on tax inversion tactic
Iconic Six Flags roller coaster catches on fire
Pinterest makes painfully awkward error
Prince Harry is excited about royal baby No. 2
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!