By MORGAN GIORDANO
Fashion week is filled with famous faces sitting in the front row, but many celebs have traded their prime seating for a spot right on the runway.
Madonna made waves in 1992 when she hit the runway alongside Jean Paul Gaultier wearing a sleek, black jacket and very little else. When the "Material Girl" ditched her outerwear, audiences were shocked to see that the pop princess was wearing a dress that left little to the imagination. But let's face it; that's not that surprising. The same French designer was responsible for the creation of the iconic cone bra?
Madonna is not the only celebrity who decided to try out modeling on fashion's biggest stage. Last spring, 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' star Kendall Jenner made her high-fashion modeling debut at New York Fashion Week with a slightly less scandalous look. The 18-year-old, who is known for her stunning looks, was nearly unrecognizable as she modeled for the coveted Marc Jacobs show and rocked bleached eyebrows, ghostly makeup and a sheer blouse sans bra.
Kendall isn't the only Kardashian to appear in Fashion Week. Her sister Kylie, 17, joined her in 2013 for Sherri Hill's prom dress NYFW show. Unlike her sister Kendall, who recently dropped her famous last name to further her modeling career, Kylie told Vanity Fair that she is not interestedin a life on the catwalk and will be "going a completely different route."
Sherri Hill shows seem to be a popular modeling spot for celebs. Sadie Robertson of 'Duck Dynasty' fame took to the runway in Fall 2013 in her modeling debut. She wore a polka dot prom dress for Evening By Sherri Hill Spring 2014, while her famous kin watched from the front row. Strutting her stuff on the runway must have boosted her image because Robertson will be joining the Season 19 cast of 'Dancing of the Stars.'
Celebrities who have no intention of breaking into modeling also have a shot at getting into the fashion fun at The Heart Truth Red Dress Collection Fashion Show, which is known for giving celebs a chance to feel like Heidi Klum for a night. Dozens of entertainment icons have donned red gowns since the show's inception in 2003 in order to raise awareness about women's heart health.
In Spring 2014 alone, 21 celebs modeled red gowns by top designers. AnnaSophia Robb in Alice + Olivia, Joan Jett in Catherine Malandrino, and Giada De Laurentiis in Carolina Herrera were just a few stars to hit the runway.
Check out all the stars – including some surprising ones – who've ventured into the world of couture.
More from AOL
New York Fashion Week evolves ahead of the pack
How to pronounce fashion's most difficult words
Decades' worth of photos show how many celebs Joan Rivers met
Kim Kardashian's raciest (non-hacked) photos
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…