Veteran actor Michael J Fox says he's stunned over the news that the late Robin Williams was dealing with the early stages of Parkinson's when he committed suicide.
After news broke that legendary comedian Robin Williams took his own life this week, his wife, Susan Schneider, released a statement revealing the her husband was struggling with Parkinson's.
On August 11, Williams was found unresponsive by an assistant in his home in Northern California. According to authorities the comedian hanged himself with a belt in his bedroom. Reps for Williams say the late actor was suffering from depression.
In response to the statement made by Susan Schneider actor Michael J Fox took to twitter.
'Stunned to learn Robin had PD. Pretty sure his support for our Fdn predated his diagnosis. A true friend; I wish him peace.'
Michael J Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991 and lived with the illness in secret until he publicly revealed his diagnosis in 1998. He too a break from acting in 2000 after his symptoms worsened. That same year he created The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research which is the largest not for profit funder of Parkinson's drug development in the world -- so far granting $450 million for research.
Parkinson's Disease Awareness
Parkinson's Disease Research
Ways to donate to Parkinson's Disease Research
Michael J. Fox Foundation Donate Now
Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease
Robin Williams' famed quotes:
Robin Williams and friends:
More to see:
Official: Robin Williams hanged himself with belt
Robin Williams' lifelong friendship with Christopher Reeve remembered
20 Robin Williams quotes that will live on
Robin Williams' daughter Zelda leaves social media after harassment
Robin Williams remembered fondly by military
The Latest from our Partners
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- Amazon shoppers rave about these $25 rain boots that ‘are a steal in c…
- An Insane card offering 0% interest until nearly 2021
- 7 outrageous credit cards if you have excellent credit
- Cards charging 0% interest until 2021
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…