The Super Bowl countdown is officially on! While you prep your game day snacks, fill out your grids, and start practicing your best Bruno Mars moves, learn 10 new facts about the Super Bowl you may not know.
1. Super Bowl fans will consume 8 million pounds of guacamole and 14,500 tons of chips on game day. Funnily enough, antacid sales are expected to increase 20% the following day.
2. Tickets to the 1st Super Bowl in 1967 cost between $6 and $12. "Cheap Seats" to Super Bowl 2014 are going for $2,500.
3. Domino's predicts it will deliver 11 million pizzas on game day. Enter AOL.com's #SUPERSELFIE contest here to be win a $50 Domino's gift card and be one of those 11 million pizza eating fans.
4. If the Seahawks win, it will be their first championship win ever. The Broncos have won twice in consecutive years -- 1998 and 1999.
5. Super Bowl 2014 will be the first to take place in a cold-weather city. Take that, polar vortex!
6. Former Kansas City Chiefs owner, Lamar Hunt, is credited with coining the name "Super Bowl" which he thought of after seeing his children playing with a toy called a "Super Ball."
7. The Super Bowl is the 2nd most watched sporting event in the world with more than 100 million viewers. The World Cup is the 1st with 700 million viewers.
8. Chrysler holds the record for the most expensive commercial in Super Bowl History dropping $12.4 million for a 2 minute spot in 2011.
9. The estimated number of people who don't show up for work the day after the game: 7 million.
10. This year's Super Bowl venue, MetLife Stadium, is the most expensive stadium in the world, costing $1.6 billion to build.
Now share your newfound Super Bowl knowledge with your friends and be the smartest viewer at your game day bash.
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- These pasta cupcakes are the ultimate savory dish
- Jump-start your morning with these delicious egg sandwich recipes
- Anxious Reddit parents wonder just how bad the baby formula shortage i…
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!