Bruno Mars to discuss the Super Bowl Halftime Show

NEW YORK (AP) - Bruno Mars will be in front of an audience Thursday - but it won't be for a performance, it will be for a press conference.

The pop crooner will answer questions at the Rose Theater in the Time Warner Center in New York City about his upcoming Super Bowl halftime performance. Renee Fleming, who will sing the national anthem, will give a press conference before Mars.

Mars will perform Sunday at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., where the Seattle Seahawks will play the Denver Broncos. The Red Hot Chili Peppers will join him onstage.

Mars' hits include "Locked Out of Heaven," ''Grenade" and "Just the Way You Are." He won the best pop vocal album Grammy Award for "Unorthodox Jukebox" this week.

Beyonce was last year's halftime performer.

Applez64 January 30 2014 at 1:29 PM

I was on this site earlier- there were only two comments at that time and I thought I'd put my two cents in as a joke. I was going to say that I had no idea who Bruno Mars was. But my excuse -I'm old! (68) Of course I'm a Beatles fan. Hell, I don't know who's on the cover of People Magazine anymore! But when I read a couple of comments made before me I couldn't believe them! To 'buclaotakhao' what hole did you crawl out of? Metallica? Think anyone will remember them in 50 years? To 'bobparks77' We heard you the first time, did you really have to comment on your own comment? 'meskin' is that code- or are you just a bad speller? I'm old- what's your excuse? Still don't know who Bruno Mars is, but I wish him luck on his half time show.

rutch8 Applez64 January 30 2014 at 2:21 PM

u-tube him and watch his videos. you will love him also.

chrandom January 30 2014 at 1:02 PM

For those of you who never heard of Bruno Mars, before bashing him, you should give him a chance. He is a fine performer. Plus with RHCP....it should be a really good show

Patty January 30 2014 at 1:02 PM

Bruno is so talented and I am sure he is going to rock the stadium.

bmitche January 30 2014 at 3:24 PM

Bruno Mars. WOW, WOW, WOW.

LL January 30 2014 at 3:45 PM

"Women Are From Venus", and so it only stands to reason that talented "Men.... who don't wnat to be stereotyped as a minority, ....Are From Mars ",..... if only with a $150 legal name change.

Go Bruno !!!

carsonfpek January 30 2014 at 11:57 AM

I, for one, am looking forward to hearing some music without all the half nakedness and "wardrobe malfunctions".

SumBreezeHuh carsonfpek January 30 2014 at 11:59 AM

ditto

Applez64 carsonfpek January 30 2014 at 12:04 PM

You never know! :o

SumBreezeHuh January 30 2014 at 11:58 AM

Thank gawd it's Bruno this year. He'll bring some class to the halftime show - a really great performer and singer. And the Chili Peppers to boot? Whoo!

Kim January 30 2014 at 12:42 PM

Can't wait to see the mega-talented Bruno Mars sing at the super bowl half time! It will be the best part of the Superbowl. Can't beleive the haters who have commented here.

Ramon Maldonado Kim January 30 2014 at 1:04 PM

I agree!

dixie.hamilton January 30 2014 at 12:09 PM

This is real music from a real hottie!

Tricia January 30 2014 at 1:20 PM

Bruno Mars is an awsome singer, it is to bad that haters have to make such stupid and rude comments just because it isn't one of your favorite singers, or you don't know who he is, get your head out of your ass, and broaden your mind a little; everything isn't always about you!!!!!!