After an Atlanta homeless man named Ray Norman walked 29 miles in freezing temperatures to attend a court hearing (original story here), strangers are coming forward to help him.
A man named Joel Shapiro gave Norman $3,000, about $100 for every mile he walked. 'For anybody to have that much integrity, I just had to help him,' Shapiro said. He also plans to help Norman find a job.
Another woman dropped off money for the officers who paid the $80 cab fare to take Norman home after court on January 7th.
On that frigid day, Norman walked eight hours so that he wouldn't be late for his hearing about a parking ticket. When his public defender didn't show up, he turned around and started his walk home. Luckily, that's when the officers stepped in and got him a cab.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Select sandals are marked down to just $19.99 at the Jack Rogers 80…
- Professional chef reveals hack for getting eggshells out of your food
- Playtime is ‘no joke’ for this pretend-cashier dad: ‘Preparing them fo…
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card