Walk-in closet, Texas style: Woman's three-story closet

Walk-In Closet, Texas Style: Woman's 3-Story Closet

​Everyone wants a walk-in closet, but what about one you could run around in? And work up a sweat?

The story of a Houston woman with a crazy-big closet is going viral. KHOU got an inside look.

"This closet has been a lifelong dream," Theresa Roemer said. "This is my Birkin corner, Hermes and then of course we go on over into Louis Vuitton."

Like we said, the story of the colossal closet is getting picked up nationally -- "Good Morning America" sent in a team, too.

"I just have always had this fascination of beautiful closets, because to me, my closet is my retreat. Men can have their man-caves; I like to look at mine as a she-cave," the woman said.

As you can see, it's pretty unbelievable. Fifty-two-year-old Roemer has collections of furs, designer shoes.

Her closet even has a champagne bar. It's brand-new -- she just moved in, and the price tag to construct it all? $500,000.

There is a question of how much the merchandise is worth -- according to KHOU, Roemer's purse collection alone is worth millions, but she told GMA that the closet's contents add up to about $2 million altogether.

We had to find out more about Roemer -- she's a beauty queen, competing in and winning pageants for married women. She's also a big supporter of charities like Texas Children's Hospital.

In fact, Roemer says that her charitable work is one of the main reasons she built her closet in the first place. She plans to hold fundraisers at her closet -- it's an event space.

Another inside look went to Neiman Marcus. She told the company's blog that the closet is organized in the way she gets ready -- top floor is furs, hats, then shoes; clothes and hair and makeup on the second floor; bags and jewelry on the first floor; and she's out the door.

Hermes are her favorite. She's got more than 60 of the designer's Birkin bags - which cost thousands.

Predictably, lots of reaction to this story - on Twitter, users are calling the closet both insane and enviable.

On GMA, Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos' reactions were pretty clear.

Justified -- or just over-the-top? Let us know what you think.

Also on AOL:
Southwest Airlines PR takes another hit on social media
'Real Housewife' throws artificial leg, sparks #LegGate
Duran Duran sues fan club for $40,000

rel2099 July 24 2014 at 6:26 AM

Disgusting display of excess money. Two things come to mind here - a fool and his (her) money are soon parted, and she's got more money (and clothes...) than brains...

Dr. Cameron July 24 2014 at 8:57 AM

How vain can you get! How arrogant & such a over-inflated ego this female has. She is shameful in her vanity & materialistic this shallow woman is. It is sinful to be so proud of material things & boast about it all. She should sell or action it ALL off & donate the proceeds to feed the hungry, homeless, clothe those who truly need clothes, the orphaned & widows who are truly in need. Greed & wanton vanity & materialism is a great sin!

mpunfun July 24 2014 at 8:11 AM

Add a comment...My friend and I were talking about this yesterday and we both had the same reaction. Grateful that we realized in our 20's that money doesn't cut it. THINGS don't "fix" a life or make you happy -- at least not in the long run. This woman is living proof of that. When you surround yourself with these trappings, something is completely devoid in your soul. Otherwise, ONE $49,000 purse would be sufficient to make the statement you are trying to make. Obviously, 400 of them hasn't done a thing for her. I guess she COULD wear the price tags on all of her clothes because most people can't tell the difference in a $5,000 purse and an $80,000 one. So, she's stuck in overkill. I don't care how much money she "donates," clearly it isn't working for her. She is beautiful, has everything imaginable, but when I look at her, I feel sad for her, not envious or inspired, just sad.

Sharon July 24 2014 at 8:17 AM

that's a shame ! Does she not know of povery around the world? Just a little could help alot, some ppl don' even have clothes to put in a closet. What shameful excess.

alfredschrader July 24 2014 at 6:12 AM

Ok I have a walk in closet, not that big.
I already have too much - 8 pairs of shoes is enough.
When I see a person down on their luck I give them some of my clothes.
I can only wear one item at a time.

nov2rememberout alfredschrader July 24 2014 at 6:27 PM

I have a theory, one in one out, so if I buy something new and I have something I haven't used for a year bye, bye to Goodwill.

nov2rememberout alfredschrader July 24 2014 at 6:28 PM

Material things are nice, but not in abundance, and when you leave this world they won't fit in if you know what I mean. I realized that when I had to pack up a love ones things. No point in going crazy.

patrickliveshere July 24 2014 at 10:39 AM

How can you say this "thing" is beautiful! She looks like a plastic old Barbie Doll that lives in this self-centered world she has created!!

Michael patrickliveshere July 25 2014 at 1:14 PM

I'd love to see her with no makeup and her original hair color and a picture of her when she was 21.

Acorn Quill Inc. July 24 2014 at 10:56 AM

Hey good for her! She can do whatever she wants with her money. Just because she has a lot of it does not mean she is any more responsible for the poor than anyone else. I love the posts that she should give it to people less fortunate. I am sure you are more fortunate than many -- maybe you should give it all away too.

reedonald July 24 2014 at 8:32 AM

How many shoes, handbags and clothes does any one person need, anyway? Talk about having more money than brains.

wickedcoolally July 24 2014 at 8:54 AM

My apartment is 490 square feet and has 1 closet. It's not a walk-in.

nov2rememberout wickedcoolally July 24 2014 at 6:29 PM

At least you have a roof over your head, I'd like that better.

jakki051 wickedcoolally July 24 2014 at 6:33 PM

And I BET YOU ARE MORE HAPPIER THAN SHE IS!

abudotcom July 24 2014 at 8:38 AM