Millionaire leaving his $75 million fortune to his dogs

Millionaire Plans To Leave Mega Fortune To Dogs

Dallas multi-millionaire Ron Sturgeon plans to leave his $75 million fortune to his dogs -- and he claims everyone in his life has come to terms with that plan.

Future riches aside, it's already a royal life for Cavalier King Charles spaniels Willy, Lance and Dixie. The dogs have a private entrance to their home, complete with their own address, doggie doors in every room and a personal staff attending to their every doggie need.

Cameras have been following the spoiled pups for an upcoming reality show called "Goin' to the Dogs," which will chronicle the life they all have together.

"I've taken care of everyone else, really. Why not leave it to the dogs?" said Sturgeon. "I think it's important to note that I worked for all that money, I didn't just come into it," Sturgeon explains. "My dad died when I was a senior in high school and left me with no place to live, so I worked up to here in the junk yard business. I made my fortune in the junk yard business."

He says that his two children are "pretty successful" and very independent. They both own junk yards, so he feels they'll be OK without his fortune.

His girlfriend Linda said that when she first started dating Sturgeon, she knew "his first love was the dogs. It was obvious. I feel like I come in a good solid second, but I definitely know these babies are first. You know what? I'm living the fantasy life now, so hey, I'm enjoying every bit I can right now. If the dogs get all the money, that'll be good for them. Maybe they'll put me in their will!"

What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Related stories on AOL:
Sting says kids won't inherit his $306 million fortune
Study finds who costs more: sons or daughters
Soldier fights to get back dog his ex-girlfriend sold
Adopted dog saves owners' lives

MeritaBread June 24 2014 at 6:19 AM

What a damned fool! Does he really think those dogs will benefit from those $75 million? The lawyers and the "guardians" are more likely to get the lions share, with the lawyers getting the bulk of that. So much good could have been done, but he is only concerned about his three dogs. What an idiot!

pam48188 June 24 2014 at 6:37 AM

Just goes to show you how people with money become incredibly stupid. What about all the kids in our country tht could benefit from healthcare, cancer treatments or an education! Wouldn't you want your legacy to be that of someone who enriched the lives of other HUMAN beings? While I love dogs.. they DON'T need $75M. What an idiot!

Golden Saber June 24 2014 at 6:41 AM

With all the human beings right here in America chronically hungry and homeless, he will have to answer for this. It's horrible as far as I'm concerned. A $1 million dollar annuity would take very good care of the dogs with no problem. He is sick in the head.

Elliejelly June 24 2014 at 6:40 AM

It would be nice if he would have donated that $75 for a worthy cause instead of just on his dogs. Having a staff just to feed and take care of his dogs' every whim is a little ridiculous. So many children in need in this country could use some help.

onionson June 24 2014 at 5:32 AM

What an idiot. There is so much better to do with everything past a couple hundred thousand for the dogs.

davo1941 June 24 2014 at 6:12 AM

he might have grown up poor but it seems he has forgotten what it feels like,....am i my brothers keeper?

usapaydirt June 24 2014 at 6:22 AM

As long as we are considered a free Country, he can spend money he owns in any manner he wishes. Besides nobody just gave him the money, he earned it......

austexltd June 24 2014 at 6:35 AM

On one hand, it is his money to do with as he pleases. On the other hand, it would be nice to see him have developed a sense of values that would include perhaps helping his fellow human beings - not just his family. Somewhere along the way, it would seem he did not develop a rationale sense of values that are inward focusing. This being said without knowing the whole story, and it really isn't our place to judge.

kathcuic2004 June 24 2014 at 6:11 AM

A fool and his money

Tom kathcuic2004 June 24 2014 at 10:31 PM

The saying is "A fool and his money are soon parted." What does that have to do with this multi-millionaire who is doing exactly what he wants to do with his money?

maywizz kathcuic2004 July 03 2014 at 6:25 PM

A smart man, and his money.

pvmeter June 24 2014 at 7:42 AM

I would take dogs over people any day. Good for him. Love this.