Learn how to make a DIY face scrub with three ingredients
The process is super easy and only takes three ingredients: olive oil, sea salt, and an essential oil of your choice (I prefer lavender!).
1. Start by pouring 1/4 cup of olive oil into a small bowl. (Note: You can use this scrub for your body as well, but these portions will make enough for a face scrub).
2. Add just about 1/8 cup of sea salt to the olive oil. If you like an extra coarse scrub, you can add a little more. I like using sea salt instead of iodized salt because the crystals are bigger and more coarse, giving me a much better scrub experience!
3. The last ingredient is also an optional one: I like adding about five drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture because of its calming qualities. Lavender can combat anything from redness to acne, so for me it’s a must. But you can skip the essential oil or add your own favorite instead.
4. With your finger, just mix the ingredients together until they’re well blended. It’s a small amount, so it should take about 10 seconds to mix it well.
6. Now that the scrub is ready to use, grab a little product in each hand and begin applying it to your skin. Use a gentle circular motion to work it into your skin (all over!) and keep it up for about 30 seconds. The sea salt makes this scrub powerful enough so you don’t need to apply a lot of pressure or scrub too hard. Rinse the scrub off with warm water, (a little hot if you can stand it) and be sure to rinse well.
Discover More Like This
BACK TO SLIDE
StyleList Contributor Miss Maven is truly a maven at all things beauty. She's one of our favorite go-to beauty experts and now she's sharing how to make a DIY face scrub that's not only easy but amazing on sensitive skin.
"I've always loved scrubs. Using one makes my face feel brand new, like it's been freshly polished to a sparkling finish! I've tried many scrubs that have worked well for me, but I also love making a good DIY version at home with natural ingredients straight from my kitchen."
Click through the gallery above to see how you can make Miss Maven's DIY face scrub.