How to wear a fuzzy sweater two ways
Today I wanted to talk a little about styling a classic piece you should have in your winter wardrobe, the oversized fuzzy sweater. I'm wearing a green one from H&M and it is sooooooooo unbelievably cozy. I know I'll be wearing it a lot so it's important to mix it up!
Here are some ideas for different ways you can style your oversized sweaters this season:
- When selecting your sweaters, if you're going for the "oversized" look, make sure they at least half-way if not all-the-way cover your bum! Then you have lots more options for styling, like adding leggings! (We don't wear leggings without covering our bums ladies... it's not a good look.) If you need to, size up! This sweater is a medium, although I normally wear a size small.
- To dress up a sweater, add a heel. Since it's winter, a heeled boot or bootie is a great choice.
- Adding the perfect floppy hat always dresses up a look! I wear this one all the time, and this is another great option.
- A clutch is a great choice for dressing up your sweater. If your sweater is a solid color, spice up the look with a printed or textured clutch.
- Flats are a great way to keep a look more casual, but still put together.
- Flats and leggings tend to work really well together, they balance a look out. If you're wearing flats, try a great basic legging like these, or even a liquid legging like I wore to change up the textures a bit! (It adds interest.)
- A statement necklace is perfect to add when you're dressing up or casual, they tend to work either way! Just make sure you choose something that won't snag your sweater...
- When styling your sweater for a more casual look, now is the time to bring out your big handbag! A casual oversized sweater outfit is absolutely perfect for running errands on a brisk winter day or meeting friends for lunch, because it is so relaxed yet put together. Adding your big handbag makes the look practical, as well as chic!