Halloween how-to: Katniss Everdeen's Mockingjay braid
Do you dream of being Jennifer Lawrence? How about just dressing like her for a night? Well we've got the perfect Halloween costume for you, and it all starts with the hair. If you have long brunette locks, you're already halfway there! Here's how to get Katniss Everdeen's textured braid from the Hunger Games franchise:
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Apply NEVO Hydra Pearls to the hair and bush through to smooth.
- Part the hair to one side. Gather the hair from the apex to the recession, and divide the hair into three strands.
- For this Dutch-style braid, you will begin by crossing the middle strand over the right strand, then the middle strand over the left strand.
- Work in this fashion diagonally around the head and into the other side while gathering hair into the outer strand, then crossing under the middle strand.
- Finish braiding through the length of the hair.
- Secure the ends with an elastic band, leaving a small strand of hair out. Wrap the strand around the elastic band, then secure with a bobby pin.
- Sprinkle NEVO Lived-In directly onto the completed braid and pat into the hair. Gently pull the braid strands out to fatten and add volume to the braid.
See the step-by-step below, and be sure to pin it so you can find it again on October 31! There's also an awesome YouTube video that shows you how to get the look.