I really thought I'd become a prima ballerina one day, who knew I'd end up in the nail polish business? In 1982, I received the "royal blessing" from the Queen of England, just 7 years after its birth, when Elizabeth II's hairdresser sent me a letter requesting the shade be delivered directly to Buckingham Palace in London!
Years ago, Mademoiselle Magazine asked us for an exclusive color – they wanted the perfect sheer pink that was universally flattering. This shade makes everyone feel like a mademoiselle, from 2 to 102 [year old].
Nail polish is a girl's best friend, and nobody knows that better than Guest Editor Essie Weingarten, founder of essie. The nail polish guru shared with us her favorite shades, explaining why each color is especially close to her heart. She loves Marshmallow for its ability to instantly transport her back to summer nights filled with s'mores and good friends, and she adores Wicked, the shade of choice for fearless and self-assured women everywhere.
After joining Essie at her flagship salon and finding out where she got her love for beautiful color, we knew we wanted to share the Essie love with our StyleList readers. We're giving away Essie's nine favorite nail polishes on Twitter TODAY ONLY!
Click through to see each of her faves.
Follow @StyleList and @Essie on Twitter, and retweet to win a bottle of each of GE Essie Weingarten's favorite Essie shades ever.
About this offer:
• Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
• To enter, retweet 1 of our 6 tweets stating "RETWEET this tweet for a chance to WIN Guest Editor Essie's 9 favorite bottles of @Essie nail polish!"
• Contest begins on June 5th at 12:01 AM and ends on June 5th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
• You may enter up to 6 times.
• 1 winner will be selected in a random drawing at the end of the contest.
• 1 Grand Prize Winners will receive 9 bottles of Essie nail polish, approximate retail price $7.79 each, $70.11 total.
• Click Here for complete Official Rules.