Top 9 at 9: Duchess Kate's black lace dress for private dinner, plus more
We've got the top 9 things you need to know this a.m. - from the latest fashion sightings, to style news, to must-have products - our daily style fix is the best accessory.
Scroll through the list below to see what's trending, what we're loving, and what stories you'll want to share with your friends!
1. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are here in New York for their two-day visit to combat the illegal wildlife trade and call attention to the causes closest to their hearts. Last night, they arrived in the city around 5:30pm, had a wardrobe change, and then headed out to a private dinner with the American Friends of The Royal Foundation. Apparently it cost about $100,000 per seat at this very exclusive dinner party! The Duchess dressed in a black lace Beulah London dress. Click through to see more photos!
2. Buying fragrance can be a tough enough decision to make for yourself, let alone others. Do I really want to commit to smelling like gardenias for the x amount of months this will last? What if I buy it and then hate it in a week? It's a serious struggle. And even more difficult a task is buying perfume for someone else. Here are a few tips on how to get it just right! (Fashionista)
3. We love these little workouts you can do on your downtime to get the results you're looking for: The do-anywhere bodyweight workouts you need to know.
4. Office holiday party coming up? Our friends at StyleCaster have a few tips for what you should and shouldn't do... (StyleCaster)
5. A pencil skirt is always a great option. A jacquard pencil skirt? Even better!
6. Kim Kardashian posed nude for another cover (W Magazine this time) and the editor of the magazine apparently didn't like how she "used" Paper Magazine last month. This time around? "It was Kim Kardashian being used by W, not Kim Kardashian using W. There's a big difference." Um, okay. (Page Six)
7. Primed and ready to take over the world of retail, Style.com says it's time to start paying attention to Etsy. (Style.com)
8. Looking for a quick, 5-minute hairstyle to try? Our contributor Lauren Kelp posted this braided tutorial and we're planning to recreate it over and over again!
9. William and Kate aren't the only celebrities out and about (even if it feels like it here in NYC!) - see what everyone else wore on the red carpet this weekend.