Top 9 at 9: The perfect Valentine's Day gift, Lupita Nyong'o in NYMag & more
Scroll through the list below to see what's trending, what we're loving, and what stories you'll want to share with your friends!
1. Fashion's newest darling, Lupita Nyong'o, has had quite the year. Rocketing from an unknown to a superstar in both Hollywood and the fashion world, she told New York Magazine that she likes to keep certain things private -- including her father's politics, her morning routine, and what meetings with her stylist are like. Read the full story here. (The Cut)
2. We've officially fallen in love with Brit-Stitch: the prettiest leather creations you'll see -- just in time for Valentine's day! The pieces include a half-pint bag, coin purse and luggage tag -- all in rosy hues and with beautiful heart embellishments for the upcoming love-filled holiday. Handmade in the UK from high-quality leather, they're too cute for words. And even better? The bags come in a rainbow of colors -- easily taking you from season to season. Find out more here.
3. IT'S HERE. Peter Pilotto for Target has officially launched! Surprisingly, it was low-key. (Fashionista)
4. Amy Adams' representatives have responded to the email sent over the weekend regarding the bag she carried at Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral. Fashion house Valentino mistakenly sent a PR email blast about Amy carrying their bag, resulting -- naturally -- in a huge backlash. The brand quickly apologized, saying they "were not aware" that she was attending PSH's funeral. Amy's rep called the mishap "truly appalling." (E! Online)
5. Because they're officially too cute for words, we give you: The Beckham Family. All in support of mom's runway show!
Photo: WWD Twitter
6. One trend we've officially spotted at Fashion Week? Pink coats. And we're not just talking on the runway -- street style looks have been leaning heavily towards the pale pink variety -- and not just because Valentine's Day is around the corner. (StyleCaster)
7. Speaking of street style -- have you seen the incredible outfits the women outside of Lincoln Center are wearing? It's one of our favorite elements of Fashion Week -- especially in February, because it's even more impressive to be fashionable in 10 degree weather, skirting snow drifts and chunks of ice.
8. Another star has gone for the chop! See Julianne Hough's super short hair cut. (E! Online)
9. Not only is she getting nominations (and a few awards!) left and right for her role in Blue is the Warmest Color, but Adèle Exarchopoulos is also a fast-rising fashion star. We love this floral Valentino dress she wore over the weekend.
Photo: Getty Images