Three DIY masks made with this magic ingredient: Manuka honey
Aesthetician Kelli Komar, of The Everly Spa, has graciously shared a trio of easy, at-home recipes for smoother and brighter skin. Her magic ingredient: manuka honey, which comes from the nectar of trees in New Zealand and can be found at your local Whole Foods. Not only does it cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize better than any skin care product Komar has ever used, but a single jar should last up to six months. Just be sure to wash up first, then apply a post-mask moisturizer.
Exfoliates and treats uneven tone and discoloration
Makes approx. 3 oz.
2 tbsp. raw, organic sugar
½ organic lemon
2 tbsp. organic manuka honey UMF 15+
1. Grind sugar in a coffee grinder or food processor.
2. Squeeze lemon into a small bowl; remove seeds.
3. In another bowl, mix ground sugar and honey together; then add lemon juice.
4. Apply to skin and leave on 5-15 minutes before washing off. Note: Apply three times a week for best results.
Makes approx. 1.5 oz.
1 large organic egg
1 tbsp. organic manuka honey UMF 15+
1. Separate egg and discard yolk.
2. Whisk together egg white and honey in a small bowl.
3. Spread mixture on face and neck; let sit for 10 minutes, then rinse.
Treats oily/combination skin, blackheads, and hormonal acne
Makes approx. 6 oz.
1 ripe organic apple (preferably a sweet variety)
4 tbsp. organic manuka honey UMF 15+
1. Cut apple and remove core; blend in blender or food processor.
2. Scoop applesauce into medium bowl; add honey.
3. Apply mixture to face; leave on 10-15 minutes or until dry; and rinse.
More from Daily Candy:
How to Make Your Eyes Sparkle
24 Cleansing Oils for Softer Skin
Best Beauty Buys Under $10
The Ultimate Spring Fashion Guide