Top 9 at 9: Sarah Jessica Parker ticked off the West Village and more news
We've got the top 9 things you need to know this a.m. - from the latest fashion sightings, to style news, to must-have products - our daily style fix is the best accessory.
Scroll through the list below to see what's trending, what we're loving, and what stories you'll want to share with your friends!
1. What started as a great Instagram idea has actually infuriated many who live in the West Village of New York City. Sarah Jessica Parker and team displayed her SJP Collection shoes all over her former Sex and the City stoop (which, in the show was on the Upper East Side, but for filming, can be found in the West Village) ... without getting permission. The owners have purposely draped a sign on the stoop that reads "do NOT go on staircase please," so they're none too pleased that SJP is breaking the rules along with countless tourists. (Page Six)
2. The Duchess of Cambridge is back -- in full force! Kate took part in two royal engagements yesterday, first to welcome the President of Singapore to the U.K., and second, to present an award at the Natural History Museum, of which she is patron. She looked glowing and happy at both events, sporting just the tiniest hint of a baby bump.
3. The third episode of #CandidlyNicole is here! Season 2, Episode 3 is called Sync or Swim. Water ballet must come naturally to a little mermaid like Nicole, right? She jumps into the deep end for a lesson in synchronized swimming. Watch below and see the rest of Season 2 here!
4. Renee Zellweger felt the need to release a statement yesterday, after the media exploded over photos of her at the Elle Women in Hollywood event, saying that she looked completely different. She said, "I'm glad folks think I look different! I'm living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows." Read the full statement here. (Elle)
5. Huge news: Madewell has partnered with cult-favorite French brand Sezane on a limited edition capsule collection! The full Madewell et Sezane collaboration can be found here.
6. Here's the deal: Sometimes you want to be kinda festive for Halloween without having to dress in a full-on costume. Well we've got you covered! Here are our spooky, Halloween-worthy favorites that you'll actually wear again and again.
7. Our friends at POPSUGAR have debuted their first scripted series: Seriously Distracted. It follows a group of young smart women at a Le Grande PR who are one celebrity client away from making it big, but constantly distracted by their pop culture obsessions. It's hilarious, and you can catch the first episode here! (POPSUGAR)
8. Jennifer Lawrence wowed in a white Oscar de la Renta dress on Monday night, un-knowingly paying tribute to the designer who passed away that evening.
9. One of our favorite beauty techniques of the moment: smudged eyeshadow.