Official Rules: Royal Baby Contest
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The StyleList "Royal Treatment" Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. AOL Inc., and its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their parent companies, members, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Giveaway (collectively, "Giveaway Entities") and/or directors, employees, officers, each of their immediate family (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and children) and household members (whether legally related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Giveaway is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these "Official Rules" and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 10:00 am ET on July 1, 2013 and ends when the British Royal Family announces the birth of Kate Middleton and Prince William's child (the "Entry Period").
5. ENTRY: During the Entry Period you may enter the Giveaway by following the instructions on the giveaway site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. You may enter once. Use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Giveaway at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. For purposes of this Giveaway, an online entry is "received" when the application's servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or "thanks for entering" message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Giveaway. The Sponsor's website's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Giveaway.
6. DRAWING/ODDS: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner will be final. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Entrant who is notified that his/her entry was selected in the random drawing is a Potential Winner. A Potential Winner is not a winner until he/she has returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. Potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within a specified time frame to be determined by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and W-9 form in order to claim her Prize. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to New York City. Prize includes up to $500 for each person in airfare from the major airport nearest the winner's residence to New York, NY (up to $1000 total), two (2) nights hotel accommodations (up to $325 per night, up to $650 total) and a Bliss Spa package worth up to $300 per son (up to $600 total) . Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,250. Ground transportation, incidentals (including meals and tips), insurance and all other expenses not specified above as included in the prize are excluded and shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Actual retail value of prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. All travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor or Sponsor's designee. Certain restrictions and black out dates may apply. The winner must be able to travel when designated by Sponsor or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate randomly selected winner may be chosen. The winner is responsible for any federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Winner's travel companion must be 18 years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian. The winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents, if and as applicable. It is the responsibility of the winner and their companion(s) to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). All aspects of the travel portions of the prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in their sole and absolute discretion. The winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for the prize begins and ends at the point of departure. The prize is subject to seat and hotel availability, as well as Sponsor's terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Winner and companion are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents, within a timeframe to be determined by Sponsor. Once a travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Giveaway, and those set forth by Sponsor's transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the winner.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Giveaway by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Giveaway by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Giveaway. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless each of the Giveaway Entities and Facebook from and against any claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage (including death) to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages. Entrants' remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations of exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to you.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. GIVEAWAY RESULTS: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to StyleList "Royal Treatment" Giveaway, AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003. Winner's List requests must be received within 15 (fifteen) days of the end of the Giveaway.