10 motivating tips to get you ready to hit the gym
2. Use motivating apps: Runtastic tracks and maps your workout, average speed, distance and calories burned. My Fitness Pal lets you record your progress.
3. Pinterest: Follow and make motivating fitness boards. Whether it's workouts, healthy recipes, quotes or inspiring photos, Pinterest can be a fun and useful source.
4. Fit it in: Try waking up 30 minutes earlier, to make time. Whenever I want to sleep in I try to remember my day will be so much better if I can squeeze in a quick cardio sesh early on. I usually try to get it done in the morning so I can't make up an excuse after work. If you prefer to go after work, pack a gym bag so you don't go home first, plop on the couch and decide to cancel.
5. Eat healthy and throughout the day: Fuel for fitness. If I don't eat something before working out, I end up starving after. I like to eat my favorite breakfast or a banana with peanut butter and cinnamon 30 minutes before a workout. More reasons it's important to eat my favorite meal of the day here. Snack on fruits, vegetables and nuts throughout the day to avoid gettiing hangry. (hungry + angry = hangry).
6. Pair up: Spring is the perfect time of year to get started. On a beautiful day when I'm just not feeling the gym, I call a friend or my sisters to go on a long walk on the trail or try a new workout class. It goes by so much faster and is the best way to catch up! Just 30 minutes benefits us in so many ways.
7. Put together a happy play list: Music is a workout game changer. Download an upbeat workout play list and only listen to it at the gym.
8. Be thankful: Try to think of working out as an opportunity to feel better not work. Don't do it to loose weight, do it to to be healthy.
9. Reward yourself: Instead of treating yourself with dessert, get a new pair of kicks... much more motivating!
10. Drink up: Hydration is so important. I have to have my morning coffee for an extra boost before working out so I also drink water right after I wake up. Reasons why it's beneficial here. If I'm craving soda or something flavored, I'll have an iced tea or a flavored sparkling water by La Croix.