Short sales are a popular option for homebuyers right now because they're cheap. Well, cheaper than regular non-distressed properties. We recently brought you the 10 best cities to buy short sales, where they sold at an average of 23 percent below market rate. There were three times as many short sales as sales of foreclosed homes in 2012, according to online foreclosure marketplace RealtyTrac. But there are some that the average homeowner might not consider a bargain.
The rich aren't immune from falling behind on their mortgages, and there are plenty of short sales out there that will still cost you a few million bucks. Just imagine how much they'd be if they weren't short sales! We've rounded up a few multimillion-dollar short sales currently on the market around the country. Click through the gallery below to see them.
Best Cities to Buy Foreclosures
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap