House or apartment? You might think that everyone's American dream is to own a cute suburban single-family home, but voters in our #housepornthurs contest this week blew that theory out of the water! Even this cozy Tudor in Rye, N.Y., was no match against a sleek, contemporary apartment in Portland, Ore. Clearly, y'all prefer city views over woodland, because Oregon practically took out the competition blindfolded!
It's a "Manhattan-style" loft-like penthouse with an ultramodern feel, plush carpet, blonde hardwood floors, soaring ceilings and an oversize terrace. The 1,620-square-foot pad boasts two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a study, spacious kitchen and even two full-size wine fridges (because you need two of those). And it can be all yours for $999,000. That's totally less than $1 million!
See the listing for more details.
Find more homes for sale in Portland, Ore., or search listings in your area.
The#housepornthurs contest is a weekly Twitter conversation hosted by @aolrealestate. Tweet listings every Thursday to AOL Real Estate with the hashtag #housepornthurs for a chance to have one of your submissions featured as a House of the Day the following week.
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap