It was just days ago that we got the news that embattled cyclist Lance Armstrong sold his massive Austin, Texas, estate. Seems property changes hands quickly, because now Armstrong has already snapped up a new home in the Austin area, according to the Austin American-Statesman. While he put his last home was on the market for $10 million, Armstrong paid considerably less for his new one: reportedly only $4.34 million. (We use the term "only" lightly.)
Realtor.com flags the 12,500-square-foot home as a perfect hideout during the "zombie apocalypse" because of its wooden escape bridge that extends from the main house to the boathouse. We're more interested in the home's angular stone facade, as well as the interior wood and stone flooring. The six-bedroom, eight-bathroom house also has a library, game room and gym.
Find homes for sale in Austin, Texas, or search listings in your area.
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email email@example.com with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap