It's been more than a year since ex-New York Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni sprung his surprise resignation on the team. But saying goodbye to a sweet piece of upstate New York real estate must be a little harder to come to terms with. Only now is D'Antoni finally trying to unload his suburban homestead in Rye, N.Y., according to Realtor.com. Good timing: Playoff hopes for the Los Angeles Lakers, the team D'Antoni now coaches, aren't looking so bright, so hopefully netting the home's $6.95 million asking price will lift his spirits.
According to Realtor.com, D'Antoni and his wife, Laurel, bought the sprawling 7,142-square-foot Colonial for $5.75 million in 2008. D'Antoni had just joined the Knicks at the time. If the property sells for the asking price, it would make for a nice profit for him -- and for good reason.
The seven-bedroom, nine-bathroom waterfront home sits on 1 acre in one of the oldest and most exclusive country clubs in America, the Apawamis Club, which dates to 1890. The home has a gunite pool and a combo three-car garage and gym, Realtor.com said. There's also an eat-in kitchen, balcony and walk-out basement.
See the listing for more details.
Find more homes for sale in Rye, N.Y., or search listings in your area.
See more Houses of the Day on AOL Real Estate.
Got a tip for House of the Day? Know of an exceptional or unusual property currently listed for sale? Please email email@example.com with your suggestions and be sure to include links to listing details and photos. (Due to the volume of response, we unfortunately are unable to reply to each submission.)
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap