We've heard of homes that blend right into the great outdoors and treehouse living, but this takes all of that to a whole new level. Californian artist Jayson Fann has created human-sized bird's nests that allow humans to sleep and live in the trees -- much like a bird would.
Fann began by stripping the leaves from the branches that would form the walls of the birds nest, and fitting them into a "flowing form integrating structural integrity with artistic flow." To ensure that the nest holds up, Fann builds a separate, sturdy base for the structure upon which the nest is anchored using a crane. The insides are then decked out with comfy furnishings and throw pillows, where people can happily relax and Zen out.
Intrigued? You can rent one of these babies, located at the Big Sur Treebones Resort in California. You can also sign up for a workshop to learn how to construct these bird's nests (what Fann has dubbed "spirit nests") yourself. Check out more on Fann's Spirit Nest Facebook page.
Treehouses That Make Us Want to Live In the Woods
Costa Rica's Finca Bellavista Treehouse Community is 100% Sustainable
'World's Tallest Treehouse' Grew From a Divine Vision
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Refinance rates at 2.23% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- Little-Known VA Option Could Save Veterans Thousands
- Simple Mortgage Math May Save You Thousands
- I got a $1 million life insurance policy before having a family. He…
- My work provides life insurance. I bought a private policy anyway.
- How Policygenius helps you get the cheapest life insurance online
- 4 cards to help you get out of debt in 2021
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the New Year
- Your best credit card offers for January 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program