We'd always wondered what it would be like living next to a celebrity. Would they ever knock on our door, asking for a cup of sugar? Could we pop by with a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" cake? Would we be invited to their dinner parties, and rub shoulders with their other A-list friends over glasses of wine and pie? Well, if we're going by the latest celebrity neighbor complaint, these scenarios aren't likely to happen with James Franco. According to Curbed, Franco -- like fellow celebs Chris Brown and Meryl Streep -- is apparently a nightmare neighbor.
Last year, Franco purchased a small compound in the artsy Los Angeles neighborhood of Silver Lake. Initially, his new neighbors (who wrote Curbed a long, impassioned email) were pleased and excited to have the "Spiderman 3" star living next door. That was, until Franco began to run a big, noisy, obtrusive production company out of the house.
According to Franco's irate neighbors, the celebrity has allowed film shoots to take place on the property, causing large white production trucks, clothing racks, and hair and makeup sessions to block their driveway. The email details crowds of people mulling constantly about the property with business meetings being conducted right in front of their home. "Then [they] treat us as if we are eavesdropping sycophants when we walk out our gate to our car," the neighbors wrote.
Our favorite part of the email: "We like James Franco and we like some of his movies, but we're not so enamored of his presence that we are willing to give up our sanity in our own home."
Oh, these celebrities. When are they going to learn they can't just do whatever they want? In Franco's defense, however, at least he's not holding dog races by his property like singer and "annoying neighbor" Chris Brown, or allegedly building a dam in front of his house like "nightmare neighbor" Meryl Streep.
Helipad Plan Lands Pilot in Trouble With His Neighbors
Loud Laugh Sends Him to Court
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap